Your entry doors in St. Louis Mo can make or break your house’s appeal. When chosen correctly, a door can add glamour to a simple home, and increase property value as well. A poor choice, however, can diminish your home’s overall aesthetics. So choose wisely. Here’s a good choice, and one in particular that adds a touch of elegance to an otherwise plain home.
French Doors Mean Class
French doors trace their elegance in a rich history dating back to 17th century France. French doors are essentially glass-paned casement windows that reach the floor and usually come in pairs. They were originally windows that functioned as a light source for homeowners during the time electricity was not yet available. Here’s more information on French doors.
USES: The versatility of a French door makes it suitable for use either as an interior door or as an exterior door. Most French doors link two rooms together, like a living room and kitchen. They are also a good option to give homeowners easy access to patios, gardens, and balconies.
Now, here are the pros and cons of using a French door:
• French doors can create the impression of a bigger house. Since panes are can be made of glass, the door will not appear to be a barrier between the indoor and outdoor or between two rooms.
• French doors are aesthetically pleasing, which increases the perceived value of your home and adds general appeal to your property. They instantly give your home that high-class appeal.
• French doors can let natural light in, allowing you to save on indoor day lighting.
• They come in different styles and colors—giving you the chance to pick a design that suits your taste and your home’s architecture.
• They require more space for opening and closing, as opposed to their sliding counterparts.
• French doors can be more expensive than basic solid doors.
• They are harder to install than normal doors.
Is it worth it to install one in your home, then? Definitely! They look beautiful and can instantly lift the value of your property. To make the most out of your French door, make sure you choose the right materials. Proper installation of your St. Louis French doors is also key. Get help from reliable experts like us at Renewal by Andersen of St. Louis. Call us today!