The year 2015 is just around the corner and of course we want our home to look great in time for New Year celebrations. So from us here at Renewal by Andersen®, your trusted company for home remodeling St. Louis MO, here are some simple yet helpful tips on how to keep your windows and doors in tip-top shape.
What You Will Need:
- Rubber gloves
- 2 buckets of hot water
- Ammonia cleaner
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Several clean dry rags
- Coffee filters
- Ladder (if necessary)
What You Need to Do:
- Mix ammonia cleaner in a bucket of water. In the other bucket, dilute 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol.
- Wash the door and the window using the mixture from the first bucket.
- Use the sudsy ammonia cleaner to wipe the window and door surfaces. Make sure to start at the top to prevent drip stains. Swipe only in one direction to avoid streaks.
- Use the remaining water/rubbing alcohol mixture to rinse off suds from surfaces.
- For a second round, rinse the door and the window with clean water, and using the squeegee, get rid of the excess water from the glass panes.
- Finally, use the coffee filter to wipe the entire surface clean.
It is highly advised that you do your window cleaning on cloudy days as the sunlight may dry the solution out too fast and leave unsightly streaks on your windows and doors.
We hope that this has been helpful. If you have any more questions regarding the upkeep of your RbA windows and doors in St. Louis, feel free to contact us here at Renewal by Andersen. We will be more than happy to assist you. Aside from maintenance, we can also help you inspect your doors and windows if you notice that there are problems that need to be addressed.