If your home’s windows are showing their age it may be time to update and upgrade with replacement windows that are more attractive, easier to operate, and can even save you money on your monthly utility bills. Here are five good reasons to make the switch to new windows sooner, rather than later.
- Energy Savings – Advanced materials such as insulated Fibrex frames and sashes, and energy-efficient High Performance™ Low-E4® glass create an effective thermal barrier that helps to reduce energy loss from your home. Not only does this help keep your home and family more comfortable, it can also reduce the need for heating and cooling, which saves you money on your energy bills.
- Easier Operation – If your windows are difficult to open, stick, rattle, or fog up in cold weather, you’ll be very pleased with the ease of operation of modern replacement windows for St. Louis homes. Smooth gliding sashes, snug fitting seals, and the ability to tilt-in for easy cleaning are just some of the features you can enjoy. And with a composite frame like Fibrex, you’ll never need to scrape and paint again!
- Better View – Some materials used in the construction of replacement window frames – such as Renewal by Andersen’s exclusive Fibrex – are so strong that the frames can be made narrower. This allows for a wider, more expansive glass area that provides a great view of the outside world.
- Attractiveness – New windows can transform the look of a home. Modern materials give you a choice of colors and finishes that can complement your home’s décor, both inside and on the exterior.
- Added Home Value – National surveys have shown that quality replacement windows are among the top ten home improvements for return on investment. The energy efficiency, fresh new look, and easy operation of replacement windows give a home more “curb appeal” and enhance its value.
If these are not reason enough, consider the peace of mind you’ll enjoy knowing that your windows are doing their job more efficiently and effectively. Your family will thank you when they are relaxing at home without a layer of sweaters this winter!
Draw inspiration for your window replacement project from a leading local expert on replacement windows and doors – Renewal by Andersen of St. Louis. Call us today at (314) 310-3636 to schedule a FREE in-home estimate.