A lot homeowners choose casement windows for windows installation in St. Charles MO. Casement windows are hinged at the side and open outward either to the left or right. Most of them are taller than they are wide, so they provide top-to-bottom ventilation. Casement window can be used alone or in pairs. Many varieties of this window type were developed over the years.
But what makes this particular window the preference of many? For one, it provides aesthetics especially suited for modern homes.
Here are other things worth knowing about casement windows:
• Energy efficiency. Casement windows are designed to promote energy efficiency. Compared with sliding windows, they have lower air leakage rates because the sash is closed by pressing against the window frame.
The casement windows that we at Renewal of Andersen® of St. Louis are made of Fibrex® and High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass. Fibrex is an exclusive composite framing material that has the strength and stability of wood and the maintenance ease of vinyl. It insulates roughly 700 times better than aluminum. Compared with your st andard dual-pane glass, High-Performance Low-E4 glass is 56% more energy-efficient in summer and 45% more efficient in winter. It also blocks 83% of UV rays.
• Maximized ventilation. Since casement windows are opened sideways, they offer great ventilation, letting in natural and air when needed.
• Airtightness. Although they let a great deal of air in when opened, casement windows are airtight when closed. This is because the window seal meets the casement, preventing air from entering.
• Safety. If you have little kids at home, make sure that your casement windows are properly shut. Children might fall off on the other side (i.e., the outside) if not supervised.
• Tendency to break. Because casement windows are composed of many parts, there is a higher risk that the small parts will break, and the windows will not function smoothly. The common problem with casement windows is that the cracks and screws are no longer able to pivot. If you choose to get casement windows, invest in high-quality ones.
Still not sure whether casement windows in St. Charles MO are right for you? We can help you come to a decision. Give us at Renewal of Andersen of St. Louis a call today at (314) 310-3636.